Monday, January 22, 2007

Too Many Leaps

This is the first time since middle school that I read this novel, so it was like reading it for the first time. For me, Wells made too many jumps and conclusions. Although they do follow some logic (such as about the culture and what happened), I think it is too neat and tidy. Besides which, learning a new language, would be difficult and hard to do so within a few days. I did enjoy the amount of details Wells provided and I do agree that eventually, society may come to an almost Utopia type of society. It does seem logical that eventually, we will find a way to get rid of most diseases. Again, I do think Wells is jumping a bit to far in thinking that two races wold be created. I could not understand why or how they evolved; I did not understand why they could not try and get rid of the other race.

No comments: